How to Make a Painted Mirror Frame

 


Painted Mirror Frame Instructions

My passion for thrift store shopping is undeniable. One day, I'll have a small side business where I upcycle and resell thrift store finds. This is also a very cost-effective way to decorate your home. It's also an excellent way to supplement your income.


XEM THÊM : 

Giới thiệu về cổng game Rikvip club

Painted Mirror Frame DIY

Supplies:

  • Mirror with a frame made of metal, wood, or a combination of the two
  • Spray paint - Because my mirror is made of both wood and metal, I used Krylon ColorMaster Paint & Primer in Matte White, which covers both.
  • Tape for painting
  • 60/80 grit sanding sponge

Instructions:

Remove any dust and dirt from your frame.


Place your mirror on a painting surface and tape it off so that the mirror does not get painted.

Over the mirror, apply 2-3 light coats of paint. Because of the stained wood, I ended up doing three on this, but I love that you could see the cracks in the paint after painting it because it already had a slightly weathered look to it.




Allow it to dry overnight to ensure that the paint is completely dry.

Next, lightly remove paint from some areas of the frame with the 60 grit side of the sanding sponge to give it a weathered appearance.




You can make it as worn and weathered as you want. I only gave mine a small amount because I figure it will become more so naturally as I move it around.











READ ARTICLES:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Leather Tassel Earrings at Home

Rapidly SEW A Flat BUTTON